The #selfcaresunday theme for May was ‘Keep Moving’.
Week 1 – #fitnessonline
As much as I love being outdoors, or at least out of the house when I exercise, this is not always possible. For example, this time next week my husband will be boarding a plane to USA and will be away for almost 2 weeks. In order to #keepmoving I will need to utilise more online support structures to help me #keepmoving.
Today I invite you to try out a new online fitness offer.
Week 2 – #takeawalk
I love walking as a way of clearing my head and energising my body without the intensity of going for a run.
With my husband overseas for 12 days I have treated myself today to a 3 hour visit from our babysitter. She is going to play with kids at home and I am going to #takeawalk. I have picked a new track near home to explore, and I am hoping to have time for a coffee on the way home.
Today I invite you to #takeawalk
- explore streets around your house you don’t normally go down
- have a family trip to a park and let Dad be on duty for 15 minutes while you take a walk
- walk barefoot on the beach
- take on a new nature trail
Week 3 – #dance
I love to dance but confess it doesn’t happen so often these days. It is such a liberating, joyful feeling though. This week I am committing to bringing a little more dance into my world – starting today …
Today I invite you to #dance
- go to a local class … find out what is on
- pump up the music at home and groove. I often do this when I am meant to be cooking or cleaning
- wait until kids go to bed and invite your husband to dance in the loungeroom
- if all else fails, get the kids involved and have your own dance party!
Week 4 – #tryaclass
There are so many fun fitness/movement classes around these days but often they sit on our “one day” list. Yoga, Zumba. Pole Dancing, Burlesque, Trapeze and so many more.
Today I invite you to #tryaclass … or at least find a class for later in the week
- drop into a new class at the gym today
- phone a friend and commit together to going to something fun & new during the week
- book & pay for a class you have on your “one day” list to keep accountable