#selfcaresunday has been created to inspire you to take 5 minutes each Sunday to care for yourself. You can signup for the weekly emails HERE but I will also publish a month “review” blog post to ensure you can always find this inspiration again.
The #selfcaresunday theme for March was ‘Pampering’.
Week 1 – #bubblebath
When did you last have a nice long soak in the bath?
A nice long soak in a bath, or a long uninterrupted shower always feel so luxurious. No little voices calling for me, or eyes peeping in while asking a hundred questions.
• have a bubble bath when the kids go to bed tonight. Optional extras: candles, wine, a book, music
• lock the bathroom door and tell your partner they are on duty while you enjoy a long shower
• use a nice body scrub instead of soap
Choose the “soak” that makes you feel most pampered and make it happen. Everything else can wait … truly.
Week 2 – #treatyourfeet
Feet. Tired. Sore. Rough.
Time to show them some love …
Our feet are often neglected. I know mine are. I still have nail polish on my big toes that my kids put on there at Christmas time! Time to #treatyourfeet because it is so good for the the rest of you
- paint your toenails
- ask your partner for a foot massage
- soak your feet in a warm tub of water – add some essential oils or epsom salts
- use a foot scrub or some pumice to make them feel smooth againWhat will you choose?
Week 3 – #facetime
No, I don’t mean call someone on your phone. This week I want you to pamper your beautiful face.
I have draw full of sample beauty products such as scrubs and face masks but I never actually use them! Today I will …
- put on a face mask
- lie down with some cucumber on your eyes for 5 minutes
- use a nice face scrub
- go and get a professional facial
Week 4 – #chooseyourown
Due to a back injury I sustained no #selfcaresunday message was sent out