This recipe for Slow Cooker Massaman Beef Curry is a family favourite.
Why do I love it so much?
- It is really easy to make
- It has delicious grown up flavours yet the kids love it too
- Pop it on at 9am and we are ready to eat at 5pm – easy
- I can use cheap cuts of meat because the slow cooker makes them so tender
A few tips from me to make this easy for you:
- I chop up everything the night before and pop in the fridge ready for the morning to reduce what I need to do with kids around
- It will take about 10 minutes to brown the meat and cook up the onion and spices. After that you can just throw rest in and leave it
- Kaffir Lime leaves keep brilliantly in the freezer so if you know anyone with a tree get a whole stash and freeze in a zip-lock bag
- My kids will only eat the meat, so I just make a few vegies on the side for them
- Throw in some frozen spinach too which makes it a ‘complete’ meal for the adults
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do!