We all have a menstrual cycle but what do you really know about how it impacts your energy and productivity as a busy mum?
Personally I have never given this much thought. Other than “counting days” when I was trying to get pregnant my cycle is just something that comes and goes each month while I keep marching on with life. In recent years though I have connected with other women who have been exploring how their menstrual cycle impacts them and have been learning how to change what they do at different times of the months to work with their cycle not against it.
I confess I have been curious about this so was super excited to meet Monique Dickson, from The Self Love Mama, last year as this is 100% her expertise and passion! I am really excited to have her share her wisdom with us.
Join us for this 60 minute workshop where Monique will teach us:
- What a normal unmedicated natural length cycle looks like.
- WHY we need to change the way we see our menstrual cycle (and why it’s not a curse).
- The impact of NOT WORKING with our cycle on our bodies and our families.
- When to REST, when to PLAY, when to SOCIALISE, and when to EDIT life in your cycle.
- How you can start working with your menstrual cycle and not against it.
- How to practice self-kindness and self-care throughout your cycle.
- How to pass this on to our daughters
- If you are pregnant – the cycles you are going through.
This event is part of the Mama Thrive Series
Tuesday August 17th
This workshop is held via Zoom.
A link will be emailed out to you 48 hours prior to the event.
The session will be recorded to everyone who registers so even if you can’t attend in person you don’t need to miss out!
Monique is a passionate woman – she wants everyone to know about how to love their menstrual cycle and not hate it! She is a mother to 3, and soon to be 4. She lives in rural NZ with her husband (farmer John).
Life used to exhaust her – every month she would hit rock bottom, no energy, no motivation and no fun. She then happened by chance on an introduction to cycle syncing – where you sync the activities in your life with your menstrual cycle.
She then studied to be a life coach and a cycle coach. Now she is on a mission to show every woman how to work with her cycle instead of against it – because we have a different cycle than a man but no one ever told us this.
She lives by her cycle – but now she is pregnant, she misses her cycle! Although pregnancy has it’s own cycle too.