Just before we left for Borneo I received an email from asking if I would interested in reviewing Bedsok as a travel product.
What is a Bedsok you may be wondering? Bedsok is a sheet sleeping bag for beds. It features an all-in-one sheet set with child-friendly zips along the sides and stretch ribbing along the top. Originally designed, by a Mum of 4, to help kids stay under their covers during the night at home. I love a good Australian design initiative so I had one shipped to me quickly so we could test it for a few nights at home before deciding if I was will to pack it in the suitcase for Borneo.
First Impressions of Bedsok
- Miss 2.5 (Maddison) LOVED her new pink stripey sheet when we put it on her bed at home. She couldn’t wait to go to bed! I decided not to use the zips on the side as I was worried she would just play with them so she just slid herself in from the top which worked really well.
- I was really impressed by the quality of Bedsok – really soft cotton, good quality zips and stitching and really easy to put on the bed.
- After testing it at home for 3 nights Maddison was adamant we should take it to Borneo.
Bedsok in use at home
Why Bedsok is great for travel
I asked the Besok team why they thought their product was a good fit for travel and they said:
- kids love taking a piece of home with them. Makes them feel right at home and safe and snug and secure in their own bed sheets.
- Helps stop kids from rolling out of bed in beds they are not used to
- makes a bunkbed easy to make as you don’t have to tuck in a top sheet
- has own little drawstring bag to pack into and takes up no room at all
perfect for hotels, caravans, bunk beds and even camping
The Anderson Family Verdict
- Even though we had only used for 3 nights at home before our trip it definitely created a sense of “home” and security for my daughter. She was really excited to help put it on her bed and I think it really helped her to settle the first night.
- It fitted perfectly over our Shrunk Inflatable Bed Rail which was great
- Maddison slept really well in her Bedsok. She burrowed right in and stayed under her covers most nights (she did manage to escape a couple of times) which is a lot better than under traditional sheets where she escapes EVERY night.
- A small hiccup – one hotel we stayed in had king singles so our Bedsok couldn’t be used. I don’t think I have EVER stayed somewhere with king singles before so can’t imagine we would bump into this problem very often in our traveling life.
My husband and I both agree Bedsok is a real winner both on the road and at home. For us the “snuggle factor” was the biggest plus for taking the Bedsok away with us. Watching Maddison snuggle down into her bed each night feeling really relaxed and secure was fantastic. She was much more settled going to bed on this trip than any other holiday before.
The “snuggle factor” … Maddison sleeping like an angel in Borneo
What else do you need to know?
Bedsok comes in a range of sizes – Cot / Toddler Bed, Single Bed, and King Single Bed. We have a travel toddler bed we use when camping and the Bedsok would be perfect for this.
All sizes are $89.90. They also come is several colours.
Oh yes, and now we are home again the Bedsok is still being used. Officially a winner in our household.
Review Disclosure: This post was originally published on Mums on the Go. At that point in time I received a Bedsok to test and compensation for the time it takes me to share my thoughts with you. I have republished this review because I love the product.