I absolutely LOVE soup in winter! My kids … well, I haven’t managed to get any of them to embrace soup … However, I still make soup for my husband and I because it is so easy to pack in lots of yummy, healthy things. I prepare in bulk which helps in my aim to cook less often and means we have plenty of easy lunches or dinners available in the freezer.
Here are 5 of my favourite soups right now:
- RED LENTIL, CARROT, GINGER & MINT – so simple and so yummy!
- PUMPKIN & GINGER – you can’t beat pumpkin soup and ginger is great for immunity
- BOUILLABAISSE – this was so yummy. My husband is really enjoying fishing on Waiheke Island at the moment so I have been looking for new ways to cook all the fish. This was a winner!
- MINESTRONE – rich and hearty goodness in a bowl
- COCONUT LEMON CHICKEN SOUP – I confess I haven’t made this yet but I am drooling over the recipe. On my list to try next week
Do you have a favourite soup recipe? Feel free to share it in the comment field below …